Sony has confirmed the launch of the upcoming Sony A7S III camera on the 28th of July 2020 at 10 AM EDT. The event called “Imagination in Motion” will be aired virtually.
There are a lot of rumors concerning the Sony A7S III, one of the most highly anticipated cameras and considered to be an apt rival for the Canon EOS R5.
Some of the rumored specs are listed below,
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout (unclear if is it the Quad Bayer 48MP sensor with effective 12MP or a “simple” 12MP)
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- new kind of passive (noise-free) cooling system with a mesh on the side to let air in
- no overheating, no recording time limits
- UHSII card support
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- shipment start mid-August