Sigma has just added a significant capability to its FP system via a firmware upgrade. The new firmware adds the ability to record Apple ProRes RAW at upto DCI 4Kp24 or UHD 4Kp30 when hooked up to an Atomos Ninja 5. Also, this update will make the Sigma FP the first mirrorless camera in the world capable of recording Raw Full HD (1080p) video at 120 fps. However, we still do not have sufficient data about the exact framerates when capturing Blackmagic Raw on Blackmagic’s Video Assist 12G recorder.
Additional Update Details,
Software to download.
- SIGMA fp Firmware Ver.2.00
This firmware update is for SIGMA fp camera that have the firmware”Ver.1.02″or earlier.
* If your camera already has firmware “Ver.1.01”, there is no need to do this update.
Benefits of this firmware update（Ver.2.00）
Newly introduced functionality
- Supports cinemagraphs creation and playback.
- CinemaDNG footages playback
- Supports still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Supports still image capture from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
- Supports HDR in movie shooting
- Supports still and movie shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output
- Supports compressed raw recording with ATOMOS and Blackmagic Design external recorders※1
- Camera movement control is compatible with ZHIYUN gimbals.※1
- Instruction message appears when attempting to use greyed-out items in SHOOT menu
- Supports camera control in USB mode※2
*1 Firmware update of the corresponding device is required.*2 The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available in early July.
- Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO100 and 3200)
- Improved AF performance
- Improved recording stability with recording media
- Improved image quality
- Supports CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12bit) shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit) shooting
- “OFF” option available in Color mode
- Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set)
- Tone control setting “Auto (Mild / Strong)” available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) setting adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Supports time code generation
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Supports changes of shutter sound effect
The phenomenon of flickering in dark areas in video footages has been corrected
Improved accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
Other minor bugs have been corrected