Canon has released firmware version 1.1.0 for the Canon EOS 1DX III. We had earlier reported the release of firmware version 1.0.0. The new firmware is targeted to fix the camera lockup issue faced by a few users of the 1DX III. Along with the lock-up issue, the firmware brings a few enhancements as well. It also adds the option for a 23.98p frame rate option.
The firmware can be downloaded here
EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Update, Version 1.1.0 [Windows]
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:
1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The “Browser Remote” function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to “Show” in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
(1) Once the EOS-1D X Mark III is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.1.0 to 1.0.0).
(2) Camera setting files created with EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.0 can be uploaded to EOS-1DX Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0.
(3) Camera setting files created with EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 cannot be uploaded to EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.0.
About Browser Remote
(4) When using Safari with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, multiple images can not be downloaded.
(5) When using Safari with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, the logged-in state will expire after a while and you will be asked if you want to continue with the session.
You can download the latest version of the instruction manual from our Web site.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
The extracted folder contains the firmware (File name: 1DX30110.FIR, File size: 80,961,872 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates)
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is the first update to be released.